- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
To get here from Big Pond, take Route 4 to Highway 320, which leads through Poulamon and D'Escousse before bridging Lennox Passage. Highway 206 meanders through the low hills to a maze of land and water at West Arichat. Together, the two routes encircle the island, meeting at Arichat.
One of the best ways to experience Isle Madame is by foot. Try Cape Auguet Eco-Trail, an 8.5-km (5-mi) hiking trail that extends from Boudreauville to Mackerel Cove and follows the rocky coastline overlooking Chedabucto Bay. Another good half-day hike leads to Gros Nez, the "large nose" that juts into the sea. The island also lends itself to biking, as most roads glide gently along the shore.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe