- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Newfoundland is a hiker's paradise. Many provincial parks and both of the national parks have hiking and nature trails, and coastal and forest trails radiate out from most small communities. The East Coast Trail on the Avalon Peninsula covers 540 km (336 mi) of coastline; it passes through two dozen communities and along cliff tops that provide ideal lookouts for icebergs and seabirds. The East Coast Trail Association helps hikers navigate the 540 km (336 mi) of East Coast Trails. Gros Morne Adventures runs guided day and multiday hikes in Gros Morne National Park.
East Coast Trail Association (709/738–4453. www.eastcoasttrail.ca.)
Gros Morne Adventures (709/458–2722. www.grosmorneadventures.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's