- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Newfoundland is home to more than 110,000 moose, and most highways run through their habitat. If possible, avoid night driving, as most moose-related vehicle accidents (about 700 a year) happen between dusk and dawn. Watch for vehicles that slow down or stop on the sides of roads: drivers may have spotted a moose. And pay attention to the caution signs, which are placed in areas where moose are known to cross frequently.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe