- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Viking Nest/Viking Village Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- proximity to L'Anse aux Meadows
- ensuites in the Viking Village
- full hot breakfast included
- no elevator
- Nest has only one room with private bath
- no a/c
Viking Nest/Viking Village Bed & Breakfast Review
Thelma Hedderson owns and oversees these two B&Bs on the same property, just 1 km (½ mi) from the Viking settlement at L'Anse aux Meadows. There are four rooms at the Viking Nest, though only one has a private bathroom. The Viking Village has five rooms, which are decorated with spruce walls and Scandinavian furniture.
- Address: Rte. 436, L'Anse aux Meadows, NL A0K 2X0
- Phone: 877/858-2238
- Website: www.vikingvillage.ca and www.bbcanada.com/vikingnest
- Location: L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site
- 9 rooms, 6 with bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Viking Village closed Oct. 15--May 1.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $99 -- Ottawa Hotel This Summer incl. Breakfast, 40% Off Quality Hotel Downtown Ottawa
- CA$169-$197 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Breakfast Residence Inn Montreal Downtown
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $239* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Cleveland (One Way) — $239 Air Canada
Didn't find much info/tips for this event weekend so thought I'd post a quick one for future lurkers. Read more
I am trying organize a boating trip for our family of five. Read more
I am in a dilema and need some sensible comments about our trip this summer to Vancouver. Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's ... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more