- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Tickle Inn at Cape Onion
At a Glance
- close to Burnt Cape ecological reserve
- optional four-course dinner reasonably priced ($25)
- meals served at one table with the owner hosting
- small bedrooms
- no rooms with private bath
Check Rates from our Partners
Tickle Inn at Cape Onion Review
This refurbished, century-old fisherman's house on the beach is probably the northernmost residence on the island of Newfoundland. The setting is beautiful, and you can relax by the Franklin stove in the parlor after exploring the coast or L'Anse aux Meadows, about 45 km (28 miles) away. The atmosphere is informal, and guests often mingle. Evening meals are available at an additional cost.
- Address: Cape Onion, NL A0K 4J0
- Phone: 709/452–4321 June–Sept.; 866/814–8567; 709/739–5503 Oct.–May
- Website: www.tickleinn.net
- Location: L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site
- 4 rooms with shared bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct.–May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
ill be staying at le gite du plateau hostel and will be in montreal for 15 days. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more