- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tickle Inn at Cape Onion
At a Glance
- close to Burnt Cape ecological reserve
- optional four-course dinner reasonably priced ($25)
- meals served at one table with the owner hosting
- small bedrooms
- no rooms with private bath
Tickle Inn at Cape Onion Review
This refurbished, century-old fisherman's house on the beach is probably the northernmost residence on the island of Newfoundland. The setting is beautiful, and you can relax by the Franklin stove in the parlor after exploring the coast or L'Anse aux Meadows, about 45 km (28 miles) away. The atmosphere is informal, and guests often mingle. Evening meals are available at an additional cost.
- Address: Cape Onion, NL A0K 4J0
- Phone: 709/452–4321 June–Sept.; 866/814–8567; 709/739–5503 Oct.–May
- Website: www.tickleinn.net
- Location: L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site
- 4 rooms with shared bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct.–May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
Lord Stanley Hotel in Vancouver BC Canada
Lord Stanley Strata Corp Management Company
When i escalated an issue to the manager (Wendy Krasovec) and then to the site manager (Michael Tham) i was told no Read more
We are an Australian family (Mom, Dad and 20 year old Daughter) planning a trip to North America (July / August). Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more