- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Tickle Inn at Cape Onion
At a Glance
- close to Burnt Cape ecological reserve
- optional four-course dinner reasonably priced ($25)
- meals served at one table with the owner hosting
- small bedrooms
- no rooms with private bath
Check Rates from our Partners
Tickle Inn at Cape Onion Review
This refurbished, century-old fisherman's house on the beach is probably the northernmost residence on the island of Newfoundland. The setting is beautiful, and you can relax by the Franklin stove in the parlor after exploring the coast or L'Anse aux Meadows, about 45 km (28 miles) away. The atmosphere is informal, and guests often mingle. Evening meals are available at an additional cost.
- Address: Cape Onion, NL A0K 4J0
- Phone: 709/452–4321 June–Sept.; 866/814–8567; 709/739–5503 Oct.–May
- Website: www.tickleinn.net
- Location: L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site
- 4 rooms with shared bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct.–May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
Hello! Read more
I am travelling via hire car around Nova Scotia for two weeks in July 2014 and have planned my trip almost to the day (don't worry - I have read lots of the other forums and have packed in lots Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more