- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
At a Glance
- minutes to ferry terminal
- dining room is air-conditioned
- no air-conditioning in guest rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Harold Hotel Review
Convenient to the Argentia–Nova Scotia Ferry, just 5 km (3 miles) away, this hotel is in the heart of Placentia and a two-minute walk from the boardwalk and the ocean. Ask for one of the front-facing rooms, which look out at a rocky mountain. The restaurant specializes in seafood, and there's also a pub on-site.
- Address: Main St., off Rte. 100 Placentia, NL A0B 2Y0
- Phone: 709/227-2107
- Location: Placentia
- 18 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
We are planning to take a 14 day vacation to Quebec in the beginning of July. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more