- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Quirpon Lighthouse Inn B&B
At a Glance
- indoor whale-watching station
- package includes return boat trip and all meals
- visit L'Anse aux Meadows by boat
- the only option is the full package
Quirpon Lighthouse Inn B&B Review
This restored 1920s lighthouse is on a small—7 km (4 miles) by 1.5 km (1 mile)—island off Quirpon (pronounced kar-poon), on the northern tip of Newfoundland, and getting here is half the fun. You can take Linkum Tours' regular boat service or one of the two intriguing alternatives: kayak over or be dropped at the near end of the island and walk the 5 km (3 miles) to the inn (your luggage will meet you there). Once there you can stay in the lightkeeper's house, a registered heritage structure, or next door at the 1960s house of the assistant.
- Address: Rte. 436, off Rte. 430, about a 3½-hour drive north of Cow Head Quirpon Island, NL A0K 2X0
- Phone: 709/634–2285; 877/254–6586
- Hours: Closed Oct.–Apr.
- Website: www.linkumtours.com
- Location: L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site
- 9 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
Lord Stanley Hotel in Vancouver BC Canada
Lord Stanley Strata Corp Management Company
When i escalated an issue to the manager (Wendy Krasovec) and then to the site manager (Michael Tham) i was told no Read more
· News & Features
With its rich history, intoxicating culture, and gorgeous mix of architecture, Cambodia serves up sights... Read more
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more