- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Quirpon Lighthouse Inn B&B
At a Glance
- indoor whale-watching station
- package includes return boat trip and all meals
- visit L'Anse aux Meadows by boat
- the only option is the full package
Check Rates from our Partners
Quirpon Lighthouse Inn B&B Review
This restored 1920s lighthouse is on a small—7 km (4 miles) by 1.5 km (1 mile)—island off Quirpon (pronounced kar-poon), on the northern tip of Newfoundland, and getting here is half the fun. You can take Linkum Tours' regular boat service or one of the two intriguing alternatives: kayak over or be dropped at the near end of the island and walk the 5 km (3 miles) to the inn (your luggage will meet you there). Once there you can stay in the lightkeeper's house, a registered heritage structure, or next door at the 1960s house of the assistant.
- Address: Rte. 436, off Rte. 430, about a 3½-hour drive north of Cow Head Quirpon Island, NL A0K 2X0
- Phone: 709/634–2285; 877/254–6586
- Hours: Closed Oct.–Apr.
- Website: www.linkumtours.com
- Location: L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site
- 9 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
Hello! Read more
Okay, we're down to two choices for the house for our trip, which will be a one-week "road trip" followed by a week in PEI doing Anne stuff and hiking and maybe horseback riding and just generally relaxing! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more