- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Quirpon Lighthouse Inn B&B
At a Glance
- indoor whale-watching station
- package includes return boat trip and all meals
- visit L'Anse aux Meadows by boat
- the only option is the full package
Check Rates from our Partners
Quirpon Lighthouse Inn B&B Review
This restored 1920s lighthouse is on a small—7 km (4 miles) by 1.5 km (1 mile)—island off Quirpon (pronounced kar-poon), on the northern tip of Newfoundland, and getting here is half the fun. You can take Linkum Tours' regular boat service or one of the two intriguing alternatives: kayak over or be dropped at the near end of the island and walk the 5 km (3 miles) to the inn (your luggage will meet you there). Once there you can stay in the lightkeeper's house, a registered heritage structure, or next door at the 1960s house of the assistant.
- Address: Rte. 436, off Rte. 430, about a 3½-hour drive north of Cow Head Quirpon Island, NL A0K 2X0
- Phone: 709/634–2285; 877/254–6586
- Hours: Closed Oct.–Apr.
- Website: www.linkumtours.com
- Location: L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site
- 9 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more