- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Quirpon Lighthouse Inn B&B
At a Glance
- indoor whale-watching station
- package includes return boat trip and all meals
- visit L'Anse aux Meadows by boat
- the only option is the full package
Check Rates from our Partners
Quirpon Lighthouse Inn B&B Review
This restored 1920s lighthouse is on a small—7 km (4 miles) by 1.5 km (1 mile)—island off Quirpon (pronounced kar-poon), on the northern tip of Newfoundland, and getting here is half the fun. You can take Linkum Tours' regular boat service or one of the two intriguing alternatives: kayak over or be dropped at the near end of the island and walk the 5 km (3 miles) to the inn (your luggage will meet you there). Once there you can stay in the lightkeeper's house, a registered heritage structure, or next door at the 1960s house of the assistant.
- Address: Rte. 436, off Rte. 430, about a 3½-hour drive north of Cow Head Quirpon Island, NL A0K 2X0
- Phone: 709/634–2285; 877/254–6586
- Hours: Closed Oct.–Apr.
- Website: www.linkumtours.com
- Location: L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site
- 9 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I wrote a blog about my adventures whilst camping in Canada, ontario. Read more
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
Me and my husband plan to have a driving trip from Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Glacier, Lake Louise.......and Whistler if time available. We are from Toronto and this is our first driving trip. Exciting Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more