- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Sugar Hill Inn
At a Glance
- cedar-lined hot tub and sauna
- water comes from a spring on the property
- exterior doesn't suggest the quality inside
Check Rates from our Partners
Sugar Hill Inn Review
The inn is quiet and relaxing; large windows throughout the building let in lots of light, and the warm color schemes and natural wood on floors and ceilings adds character to the spacious, uncluttered guest rooms, most of which have a private deck. Host Vince McCarthy's culinary talents and educated palate have earned this inn, nestled between the mountains and the sea, a reputation for fine wine and food. He imports Old World wines and Italian olive oil, buys his fish fresh from the fishermen, and grows his own asparagus and herbs—all the food, including box lunches and Continental breakfast, is exceptional. With all this, it's no surprise that most guests stay for three nights.
- Address: 115–129 Main St., Norris Point, NL A0K 3V0 | Map It
- Phone: 709/458–2147; 888/299–2147
- Website: www.sugarhillinn.nf.ca
- Location: Gros Morne National Park
- 5 rooms, 5 suites, 1 cottage.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–mid-May (except for group bookings).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
My friends and are getting close to graduation, and have begun plotting out our graduation present to ourselves - a roadtrip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more