- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Sugar Hill Inn
At a Glance
- cedar-lined hot tub and sauna
- water comes from a spring on the property
- exterior doesn't suggest the quality inside
Check Rates from our Partners
Sugar Hill Inn Review
The inn is quiet and relaxing; large windows throughout the building let in lots of light, and the warm color schemes and natural wood on floors and ceilings adds character to the spacious, uncluttered guest rooms, most of which have a private deck. Host Vince McCarthy's culinary talents and educated palate have earned this inn, nestled between the mountains and the sea, a reputation for fine wine and food. He imports Old World wines and Italian olive oil, buys his fish fresh from the fishermen, and grows his own asparagus and herbs—all the food, including box lunches and Continental breakfast, is exceptional. With all this, it's no surprise that most guests stay for three nights.
- Address: 115–129 Main St., Norris Point, NL A0K 3V0 | Map It
- Phone: 709/458–2147; 888/299–2147
- Website: www.sugarhillinn.nf.ca
- Location: Gros Morne National Park
- 5 rooms, 5 suites, 1 cottage.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–mid-May (except for group bookings).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
Hello! Read more
Me and my husband plan to have a driving trip from Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Glacier, Lake Louise.......and Whistler if time available. We are from Toronto and this is our first driving trip. Exciting Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more