- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The inhabitants of this scenic old fishing village make their living from the sea and have been doing so for nearly two centuries. Colorful houses, rocky waterfront cliffs, a local museum, and a nearby lighthouse add to the town's appeal. One of the best places on the island to see icebergs, Twillingate is known to the locals as Iceberg Alley. These majestic and dangerous mountains of ice are awe inspiring to see when they're grounded in early summer.
Fish, Fun & Folk Festival. During the last full week in July, the town of Twillingate hosts this festival where you can enjoy fish cooked every possible way while listening to folk musicians perform. Twillingate, NL. www.fishfunfolkfestival.com.
Twillingate at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Newfoundland
- Arches Provincial Park
- Boyd's Cove
- Cape St. Mary's Ecological Reserve
- Corner Brook
- Deer Lake
- Grand Bank
- Grand Falls–Windsor
- Gros Morne National Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's