- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Marble Mountain Resort. The growing Marble Mountain Resort, Atlantic Canada's largest ski area, has 37 downhill runs and five lifts capable of moving 6,500 skiers an hour, as well as a large day lodge, ski shop, and restaurant. The vertical drop is 500 meters (1,700 feet). A full-day lift ticket is $49. Rte. 1, 10 km (6 mi) east of Corner Brook, Steady Brook, NL, A2H 2N2. 709/637-7600 or 888/462-7253. www.skimarble.com.
Crystal Waters Boat Tours. From May to early October, Crystal Waters conducts Bay of Islands cruises (C$40) at 10 am, 2 pm, and 6 pm, depending on demand. Bay of Islands Yacht Club, Pikes Ave., off Griffin Dr., Corner Brook, NL, A2H 6C9. 866/344–9808 or 709/632–1094. www.crystalwatersboattours.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's