- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
There are regional airports in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Wabush, and Churchill Falls.
To get to the south coast of Labrador, you can catch the ferry (July to December) at St. Barbe on Route 430 in Newfoundland to Blanc Sablon, Québec. From here you can drive to Mary's Harbour, and on to Cartwright, along Route 510. Tourism Newfoundland and Labrador has information about ferry schedules.
A coastal boat takes passengers into a number of small communities, and also does a run from Lewisporte to Goose Bay and Cartwright. For information and schedules, call Coastal Labrador Marine Services.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe