Newfoundland and Labrador Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The rugged beauty: Magnificent mountains, sweeping vistas, wooden houses perched on rocky seacliffs, hidden fjords, and the deep blue sea. Hikers and outdoorsy types will especially love Gros Morne National Park.
The people: You'll never get lost here because the people go out of their way to help visitors. These are some of the nicest, friendliest folks you're likely to meet.
The wildlife: Whales, puffins, caribou, and moose. Bird sanctuaries and ecological reserves. Thirty-three million seabirds can't be wrong.
The culture: Let us entertain you with our storytelling, Irish music, plays, festivals, writers, and comedians.
Amazing fish dishes: Crab cakes, seafood chowder, lobster, shrimp, and cod, cod, cod: au gratin, panfried, or in the traditional Newfoundland dish of fish and brewis (prounounced "bruise"), a meal of cod and hardtack (hard bread).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's