- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
New Brunswick's festival season starts with winter carnivals and snow fests from January to April.
Early July is the Irish Festival (www.canadasirishfest.com) in Miramichi and the Loyalist Heritage Festival (www.loyalistheritagefestival.ca) in Saint John. The latter celebrates city founders with music and reenactments of historical events. June is also the Edmundston Jazz & Blues Festival (www.jazzbluesedmundston.com). In July are the New Brunswick Highland Games & Scottish Festival (www.nbhighlandgames.com) in Fredericton, the Shediac Lobster Festival (www.lobsterfestival.nb.ca), and Sackville's theater and music celebration, the Festival by the Marsh (www.festivalbythemarsh.ca).
August means the Acadian Festival (www.festivalacadiencaraquet.com) at Caraquet and the Atlantic Seafood Festival (www.atlanticseafoodfestival.com) in Moncton. The Chocolate Festival (www.town.ststephen.nb.ca) is popular for the whole family. Saint John's Festival by the Sea (www.festivalbythesea.com) draws hundreds of singers, dancers, and musicians. The Miramichi Folksong Festival (www.miramichifolksongfestival.com) is also held in August, as is the Fredericton's Summer Music Festival (www.unb.ca/FineArts/Music/festival), featuring classical musicians.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe