When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
Each season brings unique reasons to travel to New Brunswick. Winter means skiing, snowmobiling, skating on public rinks, and cozy dinners. Spring is the time for canoeing the inland rivers, fishing, picking fiddleheads, and watching the province come alive.
Summer is peak tourist season, and Parlee Beach attracts thousands of sun-lovers. The resort towns of Fundy, including Alma, St. Andrews, and St. George, get busy, too. It's a good time to trek up to the lighthouse at Cape Enrage. Summer festivals abound, and the province's two national parks, Fundy and Kouchibouguac, are filled with nature lovers.
Fall means country fairs, harvest suppers, and incredibly beautiful scenic drives to enjoy autumn foliage. Fall colors are at their peak from late September through mid- to late October. The Autumn Foliage Colours Line (800/268-3255) provides daily updates on which drives are best.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $99 -- Ottawa Hotel This Summer incl. Breakfast, 40% Off Quality Hotel Downtown Ottawa
- CA$169-$197 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Breakfast Residence Inn Montreal Downtown
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $115* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Boston (One Way) — $115 Air Canada