The title, "French Fry Capitol of the World" does nothing to convey how pretty Florenceville is, with its Main Street running right along the riverside, but there’s no getting away from the fact that it’s also the home of McCain’s. The main factory is north of town, various ancillary buildings are dotted around, and vast potato fields spread out in all directions. Upstream, the incorporated twin-town of Bristol has a railroad heritage and one of the best restaurants in the province.
Florenceville-Bristol at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's