- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Whale and nature cruises and kayak tours all begin at the Day Adventure Centre at the town wharf.
Eastern Outdoors. Single and double kayaks and mountain bikes are available for rent, as well as lessons, tours around Navy Island, and white-water kayaking. 165 Water St., St. Andrews by-the-Sea, NB, E5B 1A9. 506/529–4662 or 800/565–2925. www.easternoutdoors.com.
Fundy Tide Runners. A 24-foot Zodiac will zip you out into the bay to search for whales, seals, and marine birds. 16 King St., St. Andrews by-the-Sea, NB, E5B 1Y2. 506/529–4481. www.fundytiderunners.com.
Tall Ship Whale Adventures. The Jolly Breeze is an elegant vessel for whale-watching, and particularly good for families. In addition to watching the whales, children can dress in pirate costume, have their faces painted, steer the ship, hoist sails, learn a sea shanty, and dabble in the marine touch tank. Breakfast is included on morning sailings, hot soup is served on later sailings, and there's a licensed bar on board. The adult price is C$55. 4 King St., St. Andrews by-the-Sea, NB, E5B 1Y2. 506/529–8116.
Quoddy Link Marine. Whale and wildlife tours ($58) are offered, late June to late October, on a powered catamaran that takes up to 47 passengers. 6 King St., St. Andrews by-the-Sea, NB, E5B 1Y2. 506/529–2600 or 877/688–2600. www.quoddylinkmarine.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Water Sports
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's