- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
If you arrive in the downtown area by car, park and proceed on foot for full enjoyment. Additionally, Saint John Transit offers sight-seeing bus tours of historic areas from mid-June to late September, twice daily. The tour lasts about two hours, and you can board the bus at Barbour's General Store in the downtown waterfront area. Tickets, which can be purchased from the driver, cost $17 for adults.
To get to sites farther afield, like the Rockwood Park and the Cherry Brook Zoo or Irving Nature Park, you're best off with a car.
Rockwood Park Stables has four-passenger horse-drawn carriages ($65/hour) and 14-passenger trollies ($184/hour) for rent and offers rides anywhere in the city.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $275 -- Montreal: 4-Diamond Downtown Hotel over Pride Week W Montreal
- $155 -- Chic Toronto Hotel through June, Save 30% Novotel Toronto Centre
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $99 -- Ottawa Hotel This Summer incl. Breakfast, 40% Off — $99 Quality Hotel Downtown Ottawa