- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
If you arrive in the downtown area by car, park and proceed on foot for full enjoyment. Additionally, Saint John Transit offers sight-seeing bus tours of historic areas from mid-June to late September, twice daily. The tour lasts about two hours, and you can board the bus at Barbour's General Store in the downtown waterfront area. Tickets, which can be purchased from the driver, cost $17 for adults.
To get to sites farther afield, like the Rockwood Park and the Cherry Brook Zoo or Irving Nature Park, you're best off with a car.
Rockwood Park Stables has four-passenger horse-drawn carriages ($65/hour) and 14-passenger trollies ($184/hour) for rent and offers rides anywhere in the city.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's