- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Reversing Falls Jet Boat. The falls may have been rebranded as the Reversing Rapids, but this boat company hangs on to the former name. It offers two types of boat rides (C$43.95 each). On the 20-minute thrill ride into the heart of the rapids be prepared for a wild time and don't think for a second that the yellow slickers they supply will keep you dry—having a change of clothes in your car is an excellent idea. Size restrictions apply to the jet boat, and times depend on the tides. There's also a more sedate one-hour sightseeing tour, with informed commentary, along the rapids and up the river. 100 Fallsview Ave., Saint John, NB, E2K 1C2. 506/634–8987 or 888/634–8987. www.jetboatrides.com. Early June–early Oct.
Saint John Adventures. Five zip lines ($60 plus tax) let you zoom down the cliffs and across the Reversing Rapids. 50 Fallsview Ave., Saint John, NB, E2K 1C2. 506/634–9477 or 877/634–9477. www.saintjohnadventures.ca. Late May–Oct., daily 9–dusk.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe