- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Canadian Wildlife Service. Without a doubt, bird-watching is the pastime of choice in this region, and these are the people to call for information. 17 Waterfowl La., Sackville, NB, E0L 1G6. 506/364–5044.
Cape Jourimain Nature Centre. The National Wildlife Area here covers 1,800 acres of salt and brackish marshes and large numbers of waterfowl, shorebirds, and other species can be seen. The outstanding interpretive center includes a restaurant specializing in local fare and a boutique with nature art and fine crafts. You will also find a viewing tower, 13 km (8 miles) of trails, and daily programs. This is the best location to photograph the striking architecture of the 13-km (8-mile) Confederation Bridge that links New Brunswick to Prince Edward Island. 5039 Rte. 16, at exit 51, Bayfield, NB, E4M 3Z8. 866/538–2220 or 506/538–2220. www.capejourimain.ca. Free (donations welcome). Mid-May–late June, daily 9–6; late June–early Sept., daily 8–7.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's