- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Canadian Wildlife Service. Without a doubt, bird-watching is the pastime of choice in this region. For information, contact the Canadian Wildlife Service. 17 Waterfowl La., Sackville, NB, E0L 1G6. 506/364-5044.
Cape Jourimain Nature Centre. Cape Jourimain Nature Centre, at the Cape Jourimain National Wildlife Area, covers 1,800 acres of salt and brackish marshes. Large numbers of waterfowl, shorebirds, and other species can be seen here. The outstanding interpretive center includes a restaurant specializing in local fare and a boutique with nature art and fine crafts. You will also find a viewing tower, 13 km (8 mi) of trails, and daily programs. This is the best location to photograph the striking architecture of the 12.9-km (8-mi) Confederation Bridge that links New Brunswick to Prince Edward Island. Exit 51 off Rte. 16 at the foot of Confederation Bridge, Bayfield, NB, E4M 3Z8. 866/538-2220 or 506/538-2220. www.capejourimain.ca. Free (donations welcome); programs $3. Mid-May-mid-June and late Aug.-mid-Oct., daily 9-6; mid-June-late Aug., daily 8-7.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire