- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Nova Scotia & Atlantic Canada
Keillor House and St. James Museum
Keillor House and St. James Museum Review
An early Regency stone house built in 1813, Keillor House contains thousands of artifacts relating to mid-19th-century life, and docents are in costume. Its Coach House contains a fascinating collection of artifacts from the Dorchester Penitentiary. Just a minute away on foot is the St. James Museum. This former church building now contains the Beachkirk Collection of equipment used in the manufacturing of textiles, including antique looms. You can sometimes see demonstrations of carding, spinning, and weaving, and there are also blacksmiths' and carpenters' tools.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello! Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
Hello everyone !
Have booked a 2 week holiday in June arriving & departing from Calgary for my girlfriend & me.Very excited,coming from England.We have booked overnight accomadation at Calgary Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more