- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
The Moncton area is home to two of New Brunswick's four signature golf courses.
Fox Creek Golf Club. Fox Creek Golf Club offers an exceptional 6,065-yard course and a 9,000-square-foot clubhouse with a restaurant and pro-shop. It's fast becoming famous for its architectural and natural beauty. Club and cart rentals available. 200 Golf St., Dieppe, Moncton, NB, E1A 8J6. 506/859-4653. www.foxcreekgolfclub.ca.
Royal Oaks Golf Club. Royal Oaks Golf Club is an 18-hole, par-72 PGA Championship course, the first Canadian course designed by the American golf course architect Rees Jones. 1746 Elmwood Dr., Moncton, NB, E1A 2H6. 506/388-6257; 866/769-6257 in Canada. www.royaloaks.ca.
TreeGO Moncton. Children and adults can clamber through the treetops of Centennial Park, negotiating swinging rope-suspended logs, rope ladders, and zip lines, all while safely harnessed. Parents can watch their kids' progress from the ground. Adults embark on four courses, each more challenging than the last. Reservations required. Allow at least three hours, as there are many other things to do in the 230-acre park, including a SplashPark for children. Centennial Park, 811 St. George Blvd., Moncton, NB, E1E 4E7. 506/388-4646 or 877/707-4646. www.treegomoncton.com. $34. May-mid-Oct., 9:30-5.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire