- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A whale-watching cruise from Grand Manan takes you well out into the bay. Dress warmly, but some boats have winter jackets, hats, and mittens on board for those who don't heed this advice.
Sea Watch Tours. Interpreters on these tours are very knowledgeable about the birds you might encounter on your cruise, as well as about the whales. They also offer trips to Machias Seal Island to view Atlantic puffins. Trips ($65–$90) are four to five hours, late June through late September. Breakwater Rd., Seal Cove, Grand Manan, NB. 877/662–8552 or 506/662–8552. www.seawatchtours.com.
Whales-n-Sails Adventures. Board a 60-foot sailboat to visit the whales, with narration by a marine biologist. Trips ($65, including tax and hot drinks) are 4 to 5 hours long and set out twice daily, at 11:30 and 4, late June through mid-September. Birdwatching charters are also available. Grand Manan, NB. 506/662–1999 or 888/994–4044. www.whales-n-sails.com.
Seascape Kayak Tours. Seascape Kayak Tours in St. Andrews-by-the-Sea provides visitors with high quality sea-kayaking experiences and responsible adventure tourism. Seascape has received international recognition for its sustainable tourism practices. NB. 506/747-1884 or 866/747-1884. www.seascapekayaktours.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's