- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Downtown Queen Street runs parallel to the river and has several historic sights and attractions. Most major sights are within walking distance of one another.
Fredericton has an excellent bus service, operating Monday to Saturday; fares are $2 or 10 for $18.
The downtown Lighthouse on the Green, on the St. John River, is a great place to get information or tickets for day adventures, craft workshops, cultural tours, and ghost walks. Bike rentals are available and bike tours on Wednesday night for $10 per person, including wheels. It's open June to September, but hours vary, so call first.
Dressed in 18th-century costume, actors from the Calithumpians Theater Company conduct free historical walks several times a day, from Canada Day (July 1) to Labor Day. In the evening they offer Time Travellers Tours ($8) during which you meet famous characters from Fredericton's past, including Benedict Arnold, J.J. Audubon, Lord Beaverbrook, and Bliss Carmen. After dark, actors lead a Haunted Hike ($13) through historic neighborhoods and ghostly graveyards (these continue into the fall on weekends). Check at the City Hall Visitor Information Centre for details.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's