- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Many of Fredericton's 70 km (44 mi) of walking trails, especially those along the river and in Odell and Wilmot parks, are groomed for cross-country skiing.
Ski Crabbe Mountain. The 18 trails here have a vertical drop of 263 meters (853 feet), and amenities include snowboard and ski rentals, a ski shop, instruction, a skating pond, cross-country skiing, babysitting, and a lounge and restaurant. Check the website for details of half-price offers and special events. 50 Crabbe Mountain Rd., 55 km west of Fredericton, Central Hainesville, NB, E6E 1E3. 506/463–8311 select 300 for Snow Phone; 902/896–1205. www.crabbemountain.com. Lift tickets C$30 night, C$35 half-day, C$40 full day; lift ticket plus equipment rental C$55 full day. Sept.–mid-Apr., Mon. and Tues. 9–4:30 (to 9 during school holidays), Wed.–Sun. 9–9; call Snow Phone to check as hrs are subject to weather conditions.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe