New Brunswick Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to New Brunswick
Go whale watching: There are licensed tour operators throughout the province.
Experience Acadian culture: Visit attractions such as Le Pays de la Sagouine or Acadian Historical Village on the Acadian Coastal Drive.
Eat well: Enjoy freshly caught salmon, scallops, and lobster, fresh-picked fiddlehead ferns and dulse (seaweed), Acadian poutine (a potato dumpling with pork filling, quite unlike the Québecois dish of the same name), and buffalo steaks.
Take a hike: New Brunswick's provincial and national parks have amazing hiking trails and plenty of great spots to catch your breath and contemplate the gorgeous scenery or watch birds from an ocean cliff.
Go for a swim: New Brunswick, like the rest of Atlantic Canada, is blessed with beaches; you can choose from water that's cold or warm, fresh or salty, in expansive spaces or intimate coves.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe