- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Sugarloaf Provincial Park. Eight trails on the 507-foot drop at Sugarloaf Provincial Park accommodate skiers and snowboarders of all levels in winter and mountain bikers in summer; a chairlift operates in both seasons. There are also more than 25 km (16 miles) of bike trails, cross-country ski trails, hiking trails, a summer alpine slide, and other recreational amenities. Instruction and equipment rentals are available, including GPS for geocaching, there's a summer welcome center, and the lodge operates a lounge and restaurant year-round. 596 Val d'Amour Rd., 180 km (112 miles) northwest of Caraquet, Atholville, NB, E3N 4C9. 506/789–2366; 506/753–6825 for ski/snowboard rentals; 800/561–0123 for campsite reservations. parcsugarloafpark.ca. Bike park C$5 per ride, C$17 per half day, or C$25 full day. Alpine skiing/snowboarding C$14 evening, C$22–$29 per day; cross-country skiing/snowshoeing season pass C$30–$60. Park gates daily 8–dusk. Bike Park mid-June–Aug. Thurs.–Sat. 10–7:30, Sun. 10–5; Sept., weekends 10–5. Winter sports mid-Dec–Mar. (call for hours).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's