Getting Here and Around
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Just 120 km (75 mi) north of Vancouver on Highway 99 (Sea-to-Sky Highway), there are many ways to get to Whistler from Vancouver, depending on your budget. You won't need a car once you're here; even if you choose to stay outside the village, you can get around easily with public shuttles or taxis. The closest airport is Vancouver International Airport, about 120 km (74 mi) away.
Perimeter Whistler Express has daily bus service to Whistler from Vancouver International Airport and from many Vancouver hotels (11 times a day in ski season, 7 times a day in summer). Fares start at C$65 one way; reservations are recommended. Greyhound Canada has service to Whistler from the downtown Vancouver depot and from Vancouver Airport.
Driving from Vancouver to Whistler takes approximately two hours along the scenic Sea-to-Sky Highway, (aka Highway 99). It's recommended to check weather conditions during the winter season.
If you've got the money, travel in style: Glacier Air Tours has charter helicopter and airplane service between Whistler and the Vancouver International Airport or Vancouver Harbour for C$225 to C$3,000. West Coast Air connects Victoria and Whistler, June through September for C$288.
LimoJet Gold runs limo service from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to Whistler for C$295 per trip. Pearl International Limousine Service has stretch limos, sedans, 10-passenger vans, and excursion limos—all equipped with blankets, pillows, bottled water, and videos so you can enjoy the ride. Rates start at about C$300. Vancouver All-Terrain Adventures charters four-wheel drives from YVR or downtown Vancouver to Whistler. Vehicles travel in all weather and will stop for sightseeing. The cost starts at C$350 one way.
The Whistler Mountaineer is a three-hour, premier train journey from North Vancouver to Whistler. It's an "experience" train trip, providing passengers with commentary and refreshments while taking in the Sea-to-Sky's jaw-dropping scenery. Fares start at C$110 one-way.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire