- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Squamish-Lil'wat Centre Review
A collaborative project of the neighboring Squamish Nation and Lil'wat Nation, this cultural center is designed to share and preserve the heritage and traditions of these two peoples. The concrete, cedar, and fir structure melds the longhouse concept of the coastal Squamish people with the traditional Lil'wat pit house. Inside, carvings adorn the walls and displays of art, artifacts, and tools reveal the similarities and differences of the cultures. Try to catch one of the regularly scheduled story-telling sessions. The on-site café, which serves contemporary food with a First Nations twist—think Lil'wat venison chili, a "mountain hoagie" with bison salami and wild-boar prosciutto, or a "Caesar" salad of romaine and Parmesan with bannock croutons—is worth a visit itself.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
I am trying organize a boating trip for our family of five. Read more
Victoria with Teen Girls
In July, we did a Girl Scout trip with several high school girls, staying at a local Girl Scout property.
Day 1: After a beautiful crossing, we arrived in Victoria. Bought groceries Read more
I have recently got a job photographing the front pages to all of the phone books in B.C. I will be embarking on a journey that will take me to 25 cities and towns across the province Read more
· News & Features
A trip to Whistler means so much more than just skiing or boarding (though there are prime peaks to explore)—think... Read more
We love a luxe getaway as much as the next person.... Read more
Just because you're not on the road to London right now doesn't mean you've got to sit on the couch watching... Read more