Heli-skiing and Heli-hiking in Whistler
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Heli-skiing and Heli-hiking
The Coast Mountains of western Canada is one of the most glaciated regions in the world. The range is approximately 1,600 km long and 200 km wide, bordered by the Fraser River in the south and the Kelsall River in the north. Helicopter adventures consist of skiing, glacier hikes, and picnics.
Blackcomb Helicopters. Sightseeing tours over Whistler's stunning mountains and glaciers are offered year-round: there are heli-hiking, -biking, -fishing, -picnics, -golfing, and even heli-weddings in summer. The company also operates tours out of Vancouver. 9960 Heliport Rd., Whistler, BC, V0N 1B0. 604/938-1700 or 800/330-4354. www.blackcombaviation.com.
Whistler Heli-Skiing. Intended for intermediate to expert skiers and snowboarders, Whistler Heli-Skiing offers guided day trips with three or more glacier runs. Prices start at C$815 per person. Heli-hiking is available all year long, and guided tours can be tailored to your group's abilities. You can also enjoy a specially prepared picnic lunch in an old-growth forest, pastoral meadow, or on a 12,000-year-old glacier. 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B4. 604/932-4105 or 888/435-4754. www.whistlerheliskiing.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America — $649 American Express Travel