Fishing in Whistler
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tourists first developed this region for the fishing and all five area lakes—Alta, Alpha, Lost, Green, Nita—are stocked with trout.
Whistler Fly Fishing. These fly-fishing specialists target five species of Pacific salmon, steelhead, trout, and char on dozens of rivers lakes in the area. They take care of all the details including equipment, licenses, and transportation. The store is jam-packed with tackle, lures, and angling gear. 117-4368 Main St., Whistler Village, BC, V0N 1B4. 604/932-7221 or 888/822-3474. www.whistlerflyfishing.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire