- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pacific Coach Lines has daily service between Vancouver and Victoria; the bus travels on the ferry. BC Transit serves Victoria and around, including the Swartz Bay ferry terminal, Victoria International Airport, the Butchart Gardens, Sidney, and Sooke. One-way fare is C$2.50 (exact change); an all-day pass is C$7.75.
Mid-June-August, Gray Line's Butchart Gardens Express shuttle runs every 45 to 90 minutes from the bus depot behind the Fairmont Empress. Round-trip fare is C$48, including admission to the gardens.
CVS Cruise Victoria operates the summertime Peninsula Attractions Connector, a shuttle service that takes passengers between the Swartz Bay ferry terminal, Butchart Gardens, Victoria Butterfly Gardens, Shaw Ocean Discovery, Sea Cider Farm and Cider Works, and Brentwood Bay Lodge; prices start at C$29.95. It runs a separate shuttle to Butchart Gardens, with departures from the Fairmont Empress and from several other downtown hotels; the C$50 round-trip fare includes entrance to the gardens.
BC Transit (250/382–6161. www.bctransit.com.)
CVS Cruise Victoria (250/386–8652 or 877/578–5552. www.cvscruisevictoria.com.)
Gray Line (800/472–9546. www.grayline.com/Victoria.)
Pacific Coach Lines (604/662–7575 or 800/661–1725. www.pacificcoach.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's