Victoria and Vancouver Island Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Victoria
The journey here: Yup, getting here is one of the best things about Victoria. Whether by ferry meandering past the Gulf or San Juan islands, by floatplane (try to travel at least one leg this way), or on a whale-watching boat, getting to Victoria is a memorable experience.
Spend an afternoon at the Butchart Gardens: Nearly a million annual visitors can't be wrong—these lavish gardens north of town truly live up to the hype.
Tour the Royal British Columbia Museum: One of Canada's best regional museums warrants repeat visits just to take in the myriad displays and exhibits.
Embark on a whale-watching cruise: It's an amazing way to view these magnificent animals in the wild.
Traverse the Inner Harbour via a ferry boat: The tiny foot-passenger ferries zipping across the Inner Harbour afford passengers a new perspective of the city center.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe