Kayaking in Victoria and Vancouver Island
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Upper Harbour and the Gorge, the waterways just north of the Inner Harbour, are popular boating spots.
Island Boat Rentals. You can rent a kayak, canoe, motorboat, or rowboat at this outlet at the Canoe Marina on the Upper Harbour. Canoe Marina, 450 Swift St., Victoria, BC, V9W 1S3. 250/995–1661. www.greatpacificadventures.com.
Victoria Kayak. Setting out from the Inner Harbour, this company runs 2½-hour tours to see seals and other marine life around Seal Island. It's a good tour for beginners. The company rents kayaks, too. 950 Wharf St., Victoria, BC, V8W 1T3. 250/216–5646. www.victoriakayak.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe