- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Individual attractions on the West Side are easily reached by TransLink buses, but a car makes things easier, especially if you want to see more than one of these sites in a day.
The most enjoyable way to get to Kitsilano is by a False Creek ferry from Granville Island or from the dock behind the Vancouver Aquatic Centre, on Beach Avenue. The ferries dock at Heritage Harbour in Kitsilano, behind the Vancouver Maritime Museum. You can also walk or cycle the 1 km (½ mile) or so along the waterfront pathway from Granville Island (leave the island by Anderson Street and keep to your right along the waterfront, following the Seaside Bike Path signs). If you prefer to come by road, drive over the Burrard Street Bridge, turn right at Chestnut Street, and park in either of the museum parking lots; or take Bus 2, or 22, traveling south on Burrard Street downtown, get off at Cypress Street and Cornwall Avenue, and walk over to the park.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's