- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lonsdale Quay Review
Stalls selling fresh produce and ready-to-eat food fill the lower level of this popular indoor seaside market; upstairs are boutiques, toy stores, and a kids' play area. Outside you can wander the quay, admire the fishing boats and tugs moored here, and enjoy the views of the downtown skyline across the water. You'll also see a number of old dry docks and canneries finding fresh leases on life as modish condominiums. This is a great rainy-day activity.
SeaBus foot-passenger ferry. This ferry, part of the city's public transit system, leaves the quay every 15 to 30 minutes for the 13-minute ride to Waterfront Station downtown. 604/953-3333. www.translink.bc.ca.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America — $649 American Express Travel
I am trying organize a boating trip for our family of five. Read more
Victoria with Teen Girls
In July, we did a Girl Scout trip with several high school girls, staying at a local Girl Scout property.
Day 1: After a beautiful crossing, we arrived in Victoria. Bought groceries Read more
I am in a dilema and need some sensible comments about our trip this summer to Vancouver. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i ... Read more
Vancouver is a haven for nature lovers and food lovers alike.... Read more
Nature factors into everything in Vancouver, from the diverse and thriving food scene to the ample opportunities... Read more