- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From downtown, drive west down Georgia Street to Stanley Park and across the Lions Gate Bridge to North Vancouver. Stay in the right lane, take the North Vancouver exit, and then turn left onto Capilano Road. In about 2 km (1 mile), you come to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. A few hundred yards up Capilano Road, on the left, is the entrance to Capilano River Regional Park. About 1½ km (1 mile) along the park access road you'll find the Capilano Salmon Hatchery. Returning to Capilano Road and continuing north, you'll reach Cleveland Dam (also part of the park), where you can stop for great mountain views. As you continue north, Capilano Road becomes Nancy Greene Way, which ends at the base of Grouse Mountain.
If you don't have a car, you can take the SeaBus from Waterfront Station to Lonsdale Quay and then catch a Grouse Mountain Bus 236. This stops at the Capilano Suspension Bridge and near the Salmon Hatchery on its way to the base of Grouse Mountain. It's an easy trip, but if you only have the Capilano Suspension Bridge on your agenda, take advantage of its complimentary shuttle from downtown.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's