- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Goods Made in Vancouver
Vancouver doesn't just produce overpriced lattes and undersized condos. The city's creative denizens have designed a range of products from shoes to yoga wear.
Happy Planet Juices: Vancouverites have not only embraced this local company's mission to "turn the planet on to 100% organic juices," in 2008 they elected company cofounder Gregor Robertson the city's mayor.
Holey Soles: A competitor of the ubiquitous Crocs, these brightly colored, cloglike, rubber-compound shoes are made in the Vancouver area and sold at outdoor and garden shops around town.
John Fluevog: Yep, those outrageous shoes took their first step in Vancouver.
Lululemon Athletica: The stylized "A" insignia is as recognizable to yoga enthusiasts as the Nike "swoosh" is to sports fans.
Rocky Mountain Bicycles: B.C. invented the "free-riding" or "north shore" (from the North Shore Mountains) style of riding that's taken over the sport, and Rocky Mountain makes the steeds on which the style was pioneered.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe