- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Ten Hippest Vancouver Hotel Lounges
Sometimes it's tempting not to leave your hotel, especially when the weather's living up to its Rain City reputation. In Vancouver, though, you won't be relegated to a divey old place with soggy french fries: many of the hotel bars and lounges are appealing and some are worth the trip even if you're not staying right upstairs.
900 West Lounge at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver: The wine bar, soaring ceilings, and piano stylings set the stage for a romantic rendezvous.
Bacchus Piano Lounge at the Wedgewood: Its decadent opulence makes any occasion special.
Beyond at the Century Plaza: High style on a budget, including handcrafted cocktails.
Diva at the Met: Small, elegant, and as much a Mecca for foodies as the restaurant itself.
Gerard Lounge at Sutton Place: The clubby scene and exceptional martinis have made it the city's top spot for Hollywood stars.
Herons at Fairmont Waterfront: Upmarket cosmopolitan comfort for international travelers hanging around the Canada Place complex.
O'Doul's Bar at the Listel Hotel: Hot jazz and cool cocktails in a New York-chic atmosphere.
Opus Bar at Opus Hotel: Mingle with gorgeous people over innovative cocktails and a tapas-style menu.
Reflections Outdoors Lounge at Hotel Georgia: Sip B.C. wines while reclining on the oversize couches and in the private cabanas of this fourth-floor courtyard lounge.
Sylvia's at Sylvia Hotel: A longtime favorite of locals and writers who scribe away in dark corners.
Terrace Bar at Four Seasons: Snazzy and indulgent with its fair share of Armani-clad business travelers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe