- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With sushi bars on every corner (or so it often seems), cafés all across the city, and plenty of burger joints, Vancouver has no shortage of places to grab a quick bite. Good "cheap eats" neighborhoods include the area around Granville and Seymour streets downtown, Robson Street near Denman in the West End, and Denman Street near Davie, a short walk from English Bay. Look for the following spots when you need to refuel.
Café Crêpe. Crêpes are a popular snack or light meal in Vancouver, and these petite cafés serve savory and sweet varieties.
Earl's. Big cheery rooms, upbeat music, chipper service, and a vast menu of burgers, salads, sandwiches, pastas, steaks, and vegetarian options make this local chain a favorite, especially for groups and families.
H-Mart. Need a bulgogi break while shopping downtown? This Korean supermarket, with a handy location at the corner of Robson and Seymour, has a second-floor food court that cooks up inexpensive, made-to-order, and frequently spicy Korean fare.
Japa-Dog. Only in multi-culti Vancouver? Perhaps. But this Japanese hot dog stand has a loyal following, topping its bratwurst and wieners with teriyaki sauce, nori, and other Asian condiments. On sunny days, look for them at two Burrard Street locations: between Robson and Smithe and at the corner of West Pender.
Nat's Pizza. Serving New York-style wisecracks along with their Big Apple-inspired pies, this Vancouver icon is the place to go for a slice (or three). There are locations on Denman Street (in the West End) and on West Broadway (in Kitsilano).
Vera's Burger Shack. Local burger buffs sing the praises of this Vancouver minichain where the patties are loaded with a variety of contemporary condiments. If you're not into beef, opt for the veggie, turkey, or lamb varieties.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Vancouver Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $374+/Nt Save with Expedia, $103/night less
- Save $$ in Vancouver: Book Fr $141+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $47/night less
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! Princess Cruises Fr $899 Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Vancouver Hotwire
- Book the Days Inn Vancouver Downtown 3 Nts in May Fr $265+/Nt — $265 Save with Expedia, $124/night less