- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Ten Hippest Hotel Lounges
Sometimes it's tempting not to leave your hotel, especially when the weather's yuck. In Vancouver, though, you won't be relegated to a divey old place with soggy french fries: many of the hotel bars and lounges are appealing and some are worth the trip even if you're not staying right upstairs.
900 West Lounge at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver: The wine bar, soaring ceilings, and piano stylings set the stage for a romantic rendezvous.
Bacchus Piano Lounge at the Wedgewood: Its decadent opulence makes any occasion special.
Beyond at The Century Plaza: High style on a budget, including handcrafted cocktails.
Diva Lounge at the Metropolitan: Small, elegant, and as much a Mecca for foodies as the restaurant itself.
Gerard Lounge at Sutton Place: The clubby scene and exceptional martinis have made it the city's top spot for Hollywood stars.
Herons at Fairmont Waterfront: Upmarket cosmopolitan comfort for international travelers hanging around the Canada Place complex.
O'Doul's Bar at the Listel Hotel: Hot jazz and cool cocktails in a New York-chic atmosphere.
Opus Bar at Opus Hotel: Mingle with gorgeous people over innovative cocktails and a tapas-style menu.
Sylvia's at Sylvia Hotel: A longtime favorite of locals and writers who scribe away in dark corners.
Terrace Bar at Four Seasons: Snazzy and indulgent with its fair share of low-key celebs and Armani-clad business travelers.
Voya at The Loden: Intimately urban and off the main thoroughfares, it's the perfect spot for a clandestine rendezvous.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America — $649 American Express Travel