Jogging in Vancouver
Vancouverites jog at any time of day, in almost any weather, and dozens of well-trodden routes go through the leafy streets of the city's west side. The seawall around the downtown peninsula remains the most popular route, though the hilly byways of the North Shore are also popular with serious runners. Visiting runners staying downtown will be drawn to the 10-km (6.2-mile) route around Stanley Park, or the 4-km (2.5-mile) circuit around Lost Lagoon.
Running Room. This Canadian-based business is a good source of advice and downloadable route maps. There are many other branches around the city and throoughout British Columbia. A running club leaves from this location at 6 pm on Wednesday and 8:30 am on Sunday. 679 Denman St., Suite 103, West End, Vancouver, BC, V6G 2L3. 604/684–9771. www.runningroom.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's