Diving in Vancouver
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The rugged coastline of southwestern British Columbia offers excellent and varied diving with vistas of below surface sheer rock walls and thick plots of plumose anemones. From late summer through winter, when water clarity is best and allows visibility of up to 100 feet, the region delivers some of the most spectacular temperate-water (avg. mid-40 F) diving in the world, including sightings of the North Pacific Giant Octopus. Dry suits are imperative.
Rowand's Reef Scuba Shop. On Granville Island, this PADI-certified scuba and snorkeling business specializes in year-round diving trips to Howe Sound. Courses are also available. 1512 Duranleau St., Granville Island, BC, V6H 3S4. 604/669–3483. www.rowandsreef.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's