Jogging in Vancouver
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Vancouverites jog at any time of day, in almost any weather, and dozens of well-trodden routes go through the leafy streets of the city's west side; there is also the wider Greenways network of "calmed roads." The seawall around the downtown peninsula and False Creek, into Kitsilano, remains the most popular route, though the hilly byways of the North Shore are also popular with serious runners. Visiting runners staying downtown will be drawn to the 8.8-km (5.5-mi) route around Stanley Park, or the 4 km (2.5 mi) around Lost Lagoon.
Running Room. This Canadian-based business is a good source of advice and downloadable route maps. There are many other branches around the city and throoughout British Columbia. A running club leaves from this location at 6 pm on Wednesday and 8:30 am on Sunday. 679 Denman St., Suite 103, West End, Vancouver, BC, V6G 2L3. 604/684-9771. www.runningroom.com. 1578 W. Broadway, Central Vancouver, V6J 5K9. 604/879-9721. www.runningroom.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America — $649 American Express Travel