Diving in Vancouver
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The rugged, wildly indented coastline of southwestern British Columbia offers excellent and varied diving opportunities. Especially in winter, when water clarity allows visibility of up to 100 feet, the region delivers some of the most spectacular temperate-water diving in the world, including frequent sightings of the North Pacific Giant Octopus.
Rowand's Reef Scuba Shop. On Granville Island, this PADI-certified scuba and snorkeling business specializes in year-round diving trips to Howe Sound. Courses are also available. 1512 Duranleau St., Granville Island, BC, V6H 3S4. 604/669-3483. www.rowandsreef.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4.5-Star Wedgewood & Spa Fr $298+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $75/night less
- Granville Island on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $277+/Nt Expedia
- See Vancouver with Norwegian Cruise Line, 7 Nts Fr $799 Expedia
- $10.95 & up : Compact rentals in Vancouver Hotwire
- 3-Star Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre Fr $147+/Nt — $147 Save with Hotels.com, $76/night less