- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tofino is 314 km (195 miles) from Victoria, about a four-hour drive. If you're coming from Vancouver by ferry (to Victoria or Nanaimo), head north to Parksville via the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway 1) and the Island Highway (Highway 19). From there pick up Highway 4, which crosses the island from Parksville to Port Alberni, Ucluelet, and Tofino. Break up the trip with a lunch or ice-cream break at the Coombs Old Country Market, about 15 km (9 miles) west of Parksville. It's a good stop for picnic supplies.
Budget Car and Truck Rental and Tofino Car Rental rent vehicles at Tofino-Ucluelet Airport.
Budget Car (250/725-2060. www.bcbudget.com.)
Tofino Airport Car Rental (www.tofinoairportcarrental.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's