- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The major airports on Vancouver Island are Victoria International Airport (YYJ), Nanaimo Airport (YCD), and Comox Valley Airport (YQQ); you can fly into one of these, then rent a car (or take a bus) to Tofino-Ucluelet. Only Orca flies regular scheduled flights (on 10- to 18-seat passenger planes) into the tiny Tofino-Ucluelet Airport (YAZ) from Vancouver, Victoria, and Qualicum Beach.
Note that weather can delay and cancel flights; when flights are diverted to other regional airports, alternative transportation is provided. A Tofino shuttle service delivers passengers to major resorts. Pacific Coastal Airlines runs charters to Tofino from Vancouver's South Terminal in summer. Seattle-based Kenmore flies from Washington State to several B.C. communities.
Northwest Seaplanes runs charter flights from its terminal at Renton, near Seattle, to Tofino and Ucluelet. West Coast Air runs seaplane charters from Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, and other B.C. destinations.
West Coast Air (800/347-2222. www.westcoastair.com.)
Kenmore Air Harbor (866/435-9524. www.kenmoreair.com.)
Orca Air (604/270-6722. www.flyorcaair.com.)
Pacific Coastal Airlines (604/273-8666 or 800/663-2872. www.pacific-coastal.com.)
Northwest Seaplanes (425/277-1590 or 800/690-0086. www.nwseaplanes.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's