- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The coast from Tofino south to Ucluelet is, despite perpetually chilly waters, an increasingly popular surf destination—year-round.
Live to Surf. You can rent boards and other gear at Live to Surf. Jean-Paul Froment runs the business (founded by his parents in 1984) with his sister Pascale from the funky Outside Break commercial hub south of Tofino, which is conveniently close to the major surfing spots of Long Beach, Cox Bay, Chesterman Beach, and MacKenzie Beach. The shop also sells boards, wet suits, and accessories, and provides rentals and lessons. 1180 Pacific Rim Hwy., Tofino, BC, V0R 2Z0. 250/725–4464. www.livetosurf.com.
Pacific Surf School. This company offers everything from three-hour introductory sessions to multi-day camps. 430 Campbell St., Tofino, BC, V0R 2Z0. 250/725-2155 or 888/777-9961. www.pacificsurfschool.com.
Storm. This hip surf shop in downtown Tofino carries all the latest gear. 444 Campbell St., Tofino, BC, V0R 2Z0. 250/725-3344 or 888/777-9961. www.stormcanada.ca.
Surf Sister. This well-respected school has women-only lessons as well as those for everyone. Check out mother-daughter surf packages, teenager surf camps, and progressive sessions. 625 Campbell St., Tofino, BC, V0R 2Z0. 250/725–4456 or 877/724–7873. www.surfsister.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's