- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chinook Charters. At Chinook Charters, Captain Mike Hansen is an independent guide born and raised in the area. His custom-designed 30-foot vessel is well-equipped to land a prized coho. Prices are in line with other Tofino operators at around C$600 per day for up to 3 people. 331 Main St., Tofino, BC, V0R 2Z0. 250/726-5221. www.chinookcharters.com.
Weigh West Marine Resort. One of the few fishing resorts accessible by car (most are on remote islands), Weigh West Marine Resort runs charters fishing trips throughout the year. Rates are C$115 per hour for up to six people. It also offers whale-watching and kayaking trips from March to October. 634 Campbell St., Tofino, BC, V0R 2Z0. 250/725-3238 or 800/665-8922. www.weighwest.com.
Cleanline Sport Fishing. Experienced anglers appreciate the expertise of this company. As the only multi-boat operator in Tofino, it offers both saltwater and freshwater excursions. Prices are competitive at C$115 per hour in the ocean and about C$500 per day on the rivers. 561 Campbell St., Tofino, BC, V0R 2Z0. 250/725-2700 or 888/534-7422. www.cleanlinesportfishing.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire