- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canadian Princess Resort
Check Rates from our Partners
Canadian Princess Resort Review
Permanently moored in Ucluelet's marina, this 1932 steam-powered survey ship is a fun, albeit cramped, lodging. Though hardly opulent, the staterooms are comfortable, with one to four berths and shared bathrooms. The captain's cabin is a full suite with a private bath. The resort's more expensive shoreside rooms are more like motel rooms. They are bigger, if less atmospheric, with private entrances, contemporary furnishings, and patios or balconies; a few have fireplaces, and some are large good budget choice. Cons: shared bathrooms; fishing boats sometimes fire up their engines in the early morning; open seasonally.
- Address: 1943 Peninsula Rd., Ucluelet, BC, V0R 3A0 | Map It
- Phone: 250/726-7771; 800/663-7090
- Website: www.canadianprincess.com
- Location: Ucluelet
- 46 shoreside rooms, 27 shipboard cabins without bath, 1 suite.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.--mid-May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
I am trying organize a boating trip for our family of five. Read more
Victoria with Teen Girls
In July, we did a Girl Scout trip with several high school girls, staying at a local Girl Scout property.
Day 1: After a beautiful crossing, we arrived in Victoria. Bought groceries Read more
We are thinking of a summer trip to Vancouver and environs for 10 or 11 days this summer. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more