- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Wickaninnish Inn Review
On a rocky promontory with open ocean on three sides and old-growth forest as a backdrop, this cedar-sided inn is exceptional in every sense. First Nations art is elegantly showcased, and details like hand-crafted candle holders or ornamental towel rails exude a West Coast style. Every room in this Relais & Châteaux property has an ocean or beach view, fireplace, soaker tub, and private balcony. The Ancient Cedars Spa gives hot-stone massages and couples massages in mind-blowing oceanfront treatment rooms; yoga classes are held daily. The Pointe Restaurant offers Tofino's finest dining. Service and quality throughout is outstanding.
Rugged West Coast Style
With direct access to Chesterman Beach and views of the Pacific Ocean, "The Wick" showcases the rugged beauty of coastal British Columbia from a stylish perch. In summer, the rustic inn attracts surfers and beachgoers, but winter is particularly memorable at this wooded hideout. Tofino's famous storm watching season runs from November to March, and there's no better vantage point for gazing upon the roiling skies than the Wickaninnish's 75 ocean-facing rooms; award-winning Pointe Restaurant, with its 240-degree ocean view; and resort-wide driftwood chairs. Every comfort is anticipated, right down to boot-dryers and pet-friendly shower stations, and the mood is resolutely West Coast, with a fierce emphasis on environmentalism (right down to composting), community action programs, and public and private spaces done up in reclaimed Douglas Fir and local art.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
I am trying organize a boating trip for our family of five. Read more
Victoria with Teen Girls
In July, we did a Girl Scout trip with several high school girls, staying at a local Girl Scout property.
Day 1: After a beautiful crossing, we arrived in Victoria. Bought groceries Read more
We're planning to take a ferry from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay on the afternoon of Friday 31 May, returning late afternoon on Sunday 2 June. Read more
· News & Features
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more